Bart's Bytes - 14 January 2009
Exerpt from the end:
And now, some random thoughts…..
• Since Nov 19th, the Marlies are 17-8-1-1 in the 27 games.
• Continuing on the promotional ride of this trip, Friday’s night’s game in Houston is Canada Night. The anthem will be performed by Canadian artist Bandella.
• So, what is a Chop? Exactly what you think it is. The Chops name was selected as a tribute to the state’s agricultural heritage. An Iowa Chop, which is a registered trademark of the Iowa Pork Producers Association, is a thick centre-cut chop and a favourite of the Iowa locals.
• Yes, it was roasted pork served in the media room prior to the game.
• Tuesday night’s game marked the first time in franchise history that the Marlies played back to back games against Swine teams. IceHogs and Chops. Get it? I can hear the booing from the peanut gallery on this one.
• If you like that one, how about the Iowa Chops being the affiliate of the Anaheim Ducks. Pigs and Ducks, makes them a real “farm team” doesn’t it.