Sunday, December 20, 2009

I've HAD it.

I am tired of being treated like I have no right to be mad/upset/angry/whatever about ANYTHING.

Tonight, I overheard a waiter telling a party he was waiting on that he got a talking to after having written "Merry Christmas" on a customer's receipt. He was complaining that he guessed he "had to be PC at work". My own thought on that is that what if the customer wasn't Christian OR was Jehovah's Witness or something? I admit I got cranky where that was concerned and posted a Twitter saying that "saying Merry Christmas to me would be like saying Happy Hannukah to Osama bin Laden". Maybe not the best way to put it, but there it is.

I am tired of the whole "War on Christmas" crap. I also do not like the presumption that ONLY Christmas is celebrated at this time of year. Which is why I tend to go with "Happy Holidays".

I was also accused of being "as far from PC" as possible. I wasn't trying to be PC. I was annoyed and running off at the mouth.

Then I saw what happened to Matt Stajan last night and the end result of it (a cut less than an inch from his EYE) was nasty. And got told that "it's hockey. kid should have kept his head up".

Ummm, EXCUSE ME, he was nearly blinded, AND the other player DID raise the forearm.

If it had been, say, Marc Savard, or Patrice Bergeron instead of Matt Stajan who had been hit, the team and fans in question would be LIVID, I guarantee that.

Oh, yes, and the person who DM'd me saying all this? unfollowed me on Twitter. And will likely disconnect me from all of the other stupid social networking sites we're on each other's lists for.

Why I have an online presence again, I have no clue.

And why I keep being treated like I have no right to be mad or upset...

No idea there either.

No comments: