Friday, April 4, 2008

Alfredsson gets his Bell rung

Sorry. I know. Bad pun.

I'll be honest: I've never liked Mark Bell as a Leaf. The moment he was part of the "trade deal" that brought Tosk and Bell for draft picks to San Jose... I had a bad feeling about him on the team.

Let it be known I don't like Daniel Alfredsson either. He may be a nice guy, but stuff he's said and stuff he's done... rubbed me the wrong way. (sort of like Chris Pronger...)

However... the hit Bell laid out on Alfredsson last night... I didn't like it. It was ejection worthy. Was it suspension worthy? That I don't know.

I do know this: At the start of the regular season, I wanted 3 players off the Leafs: Pavel Kubina, Hal Gill, and Mark Bell. Gill is gone. Kubina may likely be next. Bell has to serve a 6 month jail sentence in San Jose for his hit and run.

At the end of the season, I have a list of players I don't want back next season: Pavel Kubina, Mark Bell... maybe Dominic Moore. And maybe Jason Blake.

For the moment, Cliff Fletcher has to clean up the mess left by John Ferguson, Jr., another person I really didn't care for.

And, anyway, this is my opinion. This and $5 should get a venti something or other at Starbucks.

C.

No comments: