Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Power, Lack thereof, and Fangirling

Thanks to the storm on Monday morning, work is operating on backup emergency generator, powered by diesel.

Home never lost power. For which I am grateful, considering places on the Iowa side have.

It is interesting what qualifies as 'essential' and what does not when there is not much to be had.

My review (6 month) is going to be next week. Confession: I HATE them. Nothing against my boss or anything. But I hate annual reviews. They freak me out and make me more nervous than I likely ought to be.

As for the fangirling part?

Adam Burish, Jacob Dowell, and Jack Skille were all at the press conference yesterday at Wrigley Field in Chicago, announcing the Winter Classic there on New Year's Day 2009 - Detroit Red Wings vs. Chicago Blackhawks. How do I know they were all there? The Official Hawks site has a photogallery and they're in some of the pictures.

And dammit if Skille still isn't kinda hot. (Even if he is almost 14 years younger than me.)

C.

No comments: