Saturday, December 6, 2008

*SIGH* enough already

I am sick of people bashing Sidney Crosby.

Yes, I have said it.

Also? The year he and Ovechkin were up for the Calder, I wanted Dion Phaneuf to win the trophy.

I do not understand the people who hate Crosby. Of course, I don't understand the people who hate Ovechkin either. Although it seems more people hate Crosby (and Phaneuf) than hate Ovechkin. Personally, I like all 3... just... not when they play the Leafs. *wry*

Admittedly, I do not like Phil Kessel, but that is due to some off-ice things I heard about him. Of course, this is part of the reason I don't like Dominick Hasek or Ed Belfour or Alexei Yashin either.

Someone I know gushed about Jason Spezza getting his (second career) hat trick in a game yesterday and then was all "learn that Sidney". I'm all WTF?! Sidney Crosby does not need to learn something that he already knows AND there is the fact that there really does not need to be a comparison to anyone for anyone.

AND? Crosby scored his second NHL hat trick... on Friday against the Devils (I think it was Friday anyway)... he has had 4 NHL seasons. Spezza scored his second NHL hat trick Saturday... against the Penguins... he has had 6 NHL seasons. Spezza is ahead in points, but not by a whole lot. 30 points maybe.

Bah, whatever.

I'm still sick of it.

Why there needs to be comparisons at all is beyond me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know what C, good for you. And I agree.