Thursday, October 7, 2010

It's October!

Hockey season starts today. The Wild and Hurricanes are playing in Helsinki right now.

The Chicago Blackhawks are the defending Stanley Cup Champions.

It looks to be getting warm this weekend and then the temperatures will start heading toward the cold of winter. I am looking forward to it.

As for the Toronto Maple Leafs... there seems to be a lot of optimism that the team will make the playoffs. I will admit to being jaded because they've been saying that since the lockout and they haven't made it yet. Not to mention they still have Phil Kessel. I will admit to hoping the Leafs DO play well... but I don't want Phil Kessel anywhere near the Cup.

Rockford opens at home this Saturday. They sent a player I'd been hoping to be able to watch to their ECHL affiliate. And, they have a player the Blackhawks sent down... and the player's attitude is not something I particularly care for. Not to mention Cullimore and Potulny have been sent down to them as well.

No comments: